This class is designed for those students with previous ballet training who wish to utilize previously learned ballet technique while working in pointe shoes. The class includes barre exercises, center floor work and across the floor combinations. Dancers are trained to strengthen their calf muscles, ankles, and arches of the feet. This class focuses on improving fundamental pointe techniques such as strength, control, alignment, and flexibility. Exercises will begin at the barre for safety and stability. The class will perform 1 pointe dance at the spring recital as well as the group finale dance. The class is 90 min. per week.
- Any color leotard and tights, optional skirt.
- Pointe Ballet Shoes
- After Jan 1, black leotards are required for the class.
- ½ hour : $36/month
- 1 hour : $47/month (35% discount)
- 1 ½ hour : $68/month (38% discount)
- 2 hour : $85/month (42% discount)
- 2 ½ hour: $100/month (44% discount)
- Greater discounts for additional classes!
Each Ballet dancer will need one costume. The cost is $75
*a $25 deposit is collected during Oct, Nov and Dec.